British Army Pre-Training Classes
The Brigade of Gurkhas is a unique organisation in the British Army with a reputation of being amongst the finest and most feared soldiers in the world. There are currently over 4000 Gurkhas employed in the Brigade of Gurkhas across many trades. All Gurkhas are recruited from Nepal, with many thousands of young people attempting selection every year for only a few hundred job opportunities. All Gurkhas are firstly trained at Infanteers at Catterick and then are allocated to their Regiments and Corps as part of the Brigade of Gurkhas, but often working within other organisations of the Army.
At Gurkha Action Pre-Military Training Academy, we understand that being part of the Brigade of Gurkhas is a dream for many young, energetic and dynamic youths. Our academy is dedicated to preparing and training potential recruits (PR) for the rigorous demands and high standards required to be a part of this esteemed institution. Our comprehensive training program covers all aspects including physical fitness, academic education, interview preparation, sports activities, and personality development.
Our result-oriented mindset ensures that our trainees are fully prepared to meet the demands and challenges of being part of the Brigade of Gurkhas. Join us today and take the first step towards achieving your dream of being a Gurkha.
Selection Process After Pre-Training With Gurkha Action
- 1. 2km Run: Under 8 minutes. (Best Effort)
- 2. Jerry Can Carry: Under 2 minutes. (Best Effort)
- 3. DOKO Run: Under 46 minutes. (Best Effort)
- 4. Mid-Thigh Pull: 76 Kilograms. (British Army Only)
- 5. Medicine Ball Throw: 3.1 meters. (British Army Only)
- Minimum 18 and maximum 21 years of age
- Minimum SLC 3rd Division or Equivalent. For those sitting Nepal SEE from 2016 onwards, minimum of 5xC grades are compulsory. Applying for both British Army and Singapore Police, must have a C grade in English and Mathematics.SLC/SEE compartmental pass, private SLC/SEE, open learning are accepted but vocational qualification (CTEVT) certificates will not be accepted.
- Height: Minimum 158cm.
- BMI: Between 17-30 on Phase 1 Selection and 18-28 on Phase 2 Selection.
- Eyes: Glasses/Contact Lenses/Laser Surgery will not be accepted.
- Teeth: Not more than 2 faults (Fillings, gaps or false teeth). Front 8 teeth must be without fault.
- Sick: Candidates who is suffering from any sickness such as severe flu, high temperature will not be accepted.
- Nagariktako Praman Patra (NPP).
- Machine Readable Passport (MRP).
- PR's Marriage Certificate & Wife's NPP (if married).
- Birth Certificates of PR's children (where applicable).
- Parents' original NPP.
- Parent's Marriage Certificate if father's name is not mentioned on mother's or son's NPP.
- Parent's Death Certificate (where applicable).
- Migration Certificate NP/GP/Wada office(where applicable).
- Caste Verification from CDOs office or authorised local Offices.